The Skeptical Chemist was established in March 2017 as a platform for science communication. Our team publishes articles that empower readers with reliable and evidence-based scientific knowledge. We’re also active on social media, where a large and ever-growing community of readers and contributors can be found.
“Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe. If we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to interrogate those who tell us that something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority, then we’re up for grabs for the next charlatan – political or religious – who comes ambling along.”
Carl Sagan, Astrophysicist and Science Communicator
Our articles and guides are reviewed, fact-checked and referenced where necessary. News and social media outlets have the tendency to exaggerate scientific claims; being skeptics ourselves, we cannot emphasize enough the need to only publish scientifically accurate information that our readers can trust.
- January – Launch of ‘Write For Us‘ initiative
- October – Major website infrastructure upgrade
- August – First live event at Carouselland, Singapore
- November – The Skeptical Store established
- March – The Skeptical Chemist established
To those who have been silently keeping us up and running – a huge thank you to our generous sponsors:
- An angel investor, who provided seed funding
- Numerous other benefactors
- And everyone who has made a purchase from The Skeptical Store!